Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Tuesday, March 22, 2005


Browser issues

This is the third try of finding a bug-free firefox release for Mac. I started with the official versions, of course. A few weeks ago, I found a link at del.icio.us for optimized firefox releases for different PowerPC versions.
I checked the so-called stable release for new G4 processors and it really was faster while browsing the world wide web. But only a few days later I recognized, that some sites made him crash heavily. Switching back to the official release did not help. It was unable to handle that websites, too.
I then stumbled over a german version. It worked. Still does. But I hate those german menus. They sound awful and most are so long that you have larger windows.
Tonight I tried the unstable firefox build of March, 22nd.
That one worked fine for about two hours and then crashed at another site.
And no, I am not in the mood for checking if it works with the official, german or any other damn nightly-build release.

Bookmark this on Del.icio.us
[ Link ]
posted by madhatter @ 9:48 PM


1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger madhatter said...

Yeah, but I like all that plugins and extensions for firefox, that make a surfer's life much easier and efficient.
firefox crashes on some flickr pages, but I have no idea what this is caused by, because it does not crash generally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home