Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Friday, September 30, 2005


A Backpack full of Ta-Da Lists

I don't know if I every mentioned one of 37 Signals' online tools here already. I started using them a few months ago, then forgot about them again, and now I am enthusiastic about using them once more.

The first one is Ta-Da List, which you are allowed to use without paying anything for it. You can have lots of to-do lists online, so you have access to those from everywhere.

Another nice online tool is Backpack, which is more than only a few to-do lists but different sites with lists and notes and maybe images or links (but only if you pay a few bucks).

The biggest tool 37 Signals has released to be more productive is the Basecamp, which is mostly for business use and may cost up to $99/month to have all available features.

I never used Basecamp because I never thought that the free version makes much sense nor have I private project management to do at all. Would be a better idea to use that at work.

What I use is Ta-Da List, because organizing some lists is a great idea. There are lots of lists you can have: movies you want to see this year, things you have get done before you leave the country, audio cds you want to sell on flea-market next saturday, ...

Maybe you want to publish one ore more of your Ta-Da lists on your website or blog? There is Tada My Site, where you can generate some JavaScript code for every single Ta-Da list (the RSS feed of that list) and paste it into the HTML code of your site.
I tried that yesterday, but I noticed some issues with it. I had an already-marked item on a movie list. It had the title "Star Wars: Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith" but on my site appeared it as "Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith" and has not been marked as done yet.

For those who would like to use Backpack and have some Ta-Da Lists, there is a Perl script available at Patrick Gaskill's weblog to migrate your lists to Backpack. (I haven't had the time to test it yet.)

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Bookmark this on Del.icio.us
posted by madhatter @ 11:44 AM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home