Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Thursday, May 19, 2005


Why do we need ads in RSS feeds?

Already recognized that there appear more and more ads in your RSS feeds?
Right now I am lucky to have just a handful feeds with those annoying ads in my Bloglines account, but I am pretty sure that there will be more and more in the next weeks and months, because Google has announced the official beta state two days ago.
As I read in Moe's blog the RSS-Blogger wrote down a nice ranking (link to a german article) for feeds, I totally agree with. It's worse enough that you have often only previews of the articles and not the complete blog entry. But ads in it make it not better. And I don't get it, why I have to visit the website to read the whole article. I don't follow ads there either.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Bookmark this on Del.icio.us
posted by madhatter @ 11:51 PM


1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger madhatter said...

But I don't read mails with ads. ;) Do you use that RSS bandit? While I am not using Safari at all, I am able to use a small greasemonkey script that handles the Google image ads in bloglines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home