Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Friday, May 20, 2005


A not so greasy monkeywrench?!

I've been quite sure that I mentioned greasemonkey here already. - Doesn't seem so.
But I often planned to do so. And today is the day, because I mentioned it in the comments of my yesterday's post.


Greasemonkey is a very powerful Firefox extension which gives the possibility to change the design and even the functionality of websites. First time I stumbled over greasemonkey has been over at persistent info a few months ago. I found a greasmonkey script to add some permanent searches to the GMail site. (A feature I never really used, but still cool, when you never heard of greasemonkey before.)

Today I have about 15 greasemonkey scripts installed and I hope that it will be more and more in the future. For example, I use a script to delete those annoying ad banner in bloglines or have a nice "delete"-button in my gmail menu.

There are so many useful scripts around. The only problem you might have is that you don't read all those websites you can get scripts for...

Technorati Tags: , ,

Bookmark this on Del.icio.us
posted by madhatter @ 6:02 PM


4 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Here is a list of all kinds of scripts contributed by Greasemonkey users.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger madhatter said...

Thanks, but this is the same link I used in the article.

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love greasemonkey, but if you are new to it you should be careful - unlike many plugins, extensions, etc - greasemonkey scripts can easily 'post' to other sites/hackers/etc if you are not careful. Do a little reading, make sure people are using the script you want to use.

Hopefully shortly someone will organize these in a little better fashion.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger madhatter said...

I am not that new to greasmonkey but you are right. Use it with care. Normaly I take a sharp look into the scripts. I already wrote one myself, but I still have some unsolved problems in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home