Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Saturday, May 21, 2005


Troublemaker Technorati

Since I am using the technorati tags here, I am keeping an eye on the activities at technorati.
Now I read here that Moe's Updates are not recognized by technorati. Taking a look at my own blog there tells me, that it hasn't been updated for over 21 days. Why that?
I've read all of the few sites at technorati, claimed my blog a few times and I don't get it. Did I understand the whole process wrong or is there just an error at technorati?
If somebody has an idea, please tell me.

Technorati Tags: ,

Bookmark this on Del.icio.us
posted by madhatter @ 4:16 PM


3 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's likely there's an error of some sort--my blog's been having problems on Technorati, too. Not the same ones, though.

I was able to claim my blog, and it updates the links daily (often several times a day). The problem is, though, I can't view older blogs that linked to me--there's a link for a second page of results, but there's nothing on the second page. Also, while new links keep appearing in my results, the count of links/sources gets "stuck" for a week or more, and then suddenly jumps by eight or nine points when it updates.

I think Technorati is a great service, but their reach may be exceeding their technical grasp.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger madhatter said...

I was able to claim it again now, and it seems to update now very well. But right now there are not too many links mentioned. And I just can view three of them. Two seem to be within my own blog??

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen other people with these problems also. It's something with Technorati, definately. Some people just gave up.

I never have seen solution. Perhaps you should try getting in touch with someone @ technorati.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home